We are hiring! For those who mostly know us for our globe-making… we also design and build bases of all shapes and sizes for our globes.
This is a full-time role and we are hiring for start in April or early May at latest.
Duties Will Include :
– Using a variety of basic shop floor machinery; pillar drill, sanders, band saw
– Assistance in the completion of finishing bases and tables
– Some simple metalwork and polishing
– Packing / crating of fragile items for shipment
– Organising / tidying workshop and studio
Skills & Experience :
– We are looking for someone who has previous experience in a workshop and is confident using the tools required.
– You should like getting your hands dirty and putting strength into everything you do.
– You should have the strength to sand and polish to tight deadlines and to the standard expected.
– Can ensure the highest quality standards, matching our current standards and the type of person who does not cut corners.
– Reliable and conscientious. Ability to organise own time, workload & prioritise effectively.
– You should understand the importance of the health and safety involved, be able to read and follow blueprints, and know when to replace blades and drill bits.
– You should be able to take a brief & craft what is being asked for. You should not be afraid to ask questions and feed back, we want you to be part of the process.
– You will be working around delicate art, you should be able to blend the rougher and messier woodwork around the work the others artists are doing without the threat of anything being broken or scratched. Someone who is light on their feet and aware of their surroundings.
– Math skills are also very important in woodworking. You should be able to concentrate on your knowledge of measurements and geometry.
– Ability to work in a small team but also work alone.
– You should be practical!
– Excellent attention to detail.
– Work well under pressure & to tight deadlines.
Overview & Application Process :
The job requires creating wood bases and finishing off hand turned pieces. You should be comfortable cutting, sanding, polishing, and working with metal pieces that fit into the wood bases.
You should be experienced with and comfortable using woodworking hand tools, hammers, saws, drills, files, chisels, as well as power tools.
Training can be given in anything more complicated that you might not be familiar with.
We are a young, fun and close-knit company that is more like a family, it is a very artistic and lovely environment to work in.
To Apply :
Please send your CV, a cover letter explaining why you think this is the job for you and examples of previous woodwork you have done. If you have not worked with metals before, no problem, woodwork is the most important aspect of this role.
Please do not apply if you do not have the paperwork to work in England, please do not apply if you do not live in London.
We would love to have someone passionate about being a part of the company that is with us for the long run.
Salary depends on experience and skills.
We are not looking for a junior maker – this is for an intermediate and experienced woodworker.
We want to find someone who is the perfect fit to the unique work we do.
Please email your CV, cover letter and a few examples of your woodwork.
In your cover letter please explain the examples of work you sent, your part in designing and making and what tools were used.
Please make sure to note in your cover letter where you are currently living, you current work situation, and why you think this role might be right for you. Please do not forget to send your CV and examples of your work. Links to work online are great as well.
We will not accept phone calls regarding this role, we will answer every application.
Email : [email protected]
Back to our main website : www.bellerbyandco.com